Front Page

Advertisement

Victoria marks five days without locally acquired case

VICTORIA has gone five days without a locally acquired case of COVID-19, with health authorities considering whether to reopen the New South Wales border.

The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said on Monday the state had recorded no new locally acquired cases and one case in a returned international traveller on Sunday.

It was the fifth day in a row without a locally acquired case, following the Black Rock outbreak two weeks ago, which was linked to the northern beaches outbreak in Sydney.

There were 40 active cases in the state on Monday, according to DHHS, with 18,660 tests processed on Sunday.

On Sunday, health minister, Martin Foley said Victorians had “stepped up” in response to the Black Rock outbreak, which was first detected on December 30 and had been linked to 27 cases.

Subscribe for full story.

Get a year of access to Spectator or Observer for $208

Get this offer nowAlready a subscriber? Sign in

More From Spec.com.au

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest

ADVERTISEMENT

crossmenu